"When installed properly, this product will help reduce energy costs. Actual savings will vary based on geographic location and individual building charecteristcs. Consult your product manufaturer, roofing contractor, or call 1-88-STAR-YES ( 1-888-782-7937) for more information."
- A single package emulsion based product that meets the strictest VOC requirements
- Waterproofing sealer
- Low moisture vapor transmission rate
- Tough and flexible, even in incidental ponding water
- Application possible on most types of roofing substrates without using a primer
- Excellent strength and flexibility, even in cold temperatures
- Chemically cross-linked to resist dimensional changes due to ultraviolet light
- Standard white or in limited custom colors
GALACTI-KOTE® is a fluid applied, highly reflective, fibered elastomeric coating specifically formulated to address the problem of thermal shock to roofing substrates caused by rapid temperature changes. Elastomeric Coatings have long been used in all types of climates and countries for their waterproofing and reflective qualities. Modem elastomerics have often proved to be the product of choice for reroofing over sound substrates. GALACTI-KOTE® has incorporated the most advanced product technology; this includes the incorporation of DuPont KEVLAR® aramid fibers and a space-age ceramic material with high insulating value and the highest quality acrylic resin available. The result is a product unequaled in key performance properties such as flexibility, tensile strength, moisture vapor transmission rate, resistance to ponding water, and minimal change due to weathering. In environments where older, more conventional roofing products fail due to brittleness and cracking, GALACTI-KOTE® remains unaffected. Because it is water-borne, GALACTI-KOTE® meets VOC requirements and is easy to clean up.
GALACTI-KOTE® can be used to encapsulate asbestos on roofs and interior walls and ceilings. Once the asbestos fibers are encapsulated, the asbestos bearing material need not be removed in most places, but check your local requirements.
Do not store in freezing conditions or let freeze during application. Do not apply when temperature is to drop below 35° Fahrenheit within a 48-hour period after application. Do not apply if rain is forecast within 24 hours.
GALACTI-KOTE® is designed for ease of application, handling and clean up.
This product is user-friendly, free of any toxic fumes (water-based) and requires no mixing or blending or complicated use of tools or equipment for application.
- Ease of application by using spray rig, rollers or brushing
- Saves overhead and labor
- Up to a 20-year life expectancy with a limited 10-year warranty.
- Saves energy cost by reflecting the suns ultraviolet rays and acting as a radiant barrier
- Space-age KEVLAR® fiber helps bridge cracks, allows high film build, prevents "sliding" on pitched surfaces
- Tough, abrasion resistant surface allows foot traffic soon after drying
For spray application, we recommend Hydraulic Airless Spray Rig using 2 gallons per minute or better capacity. With air driven pumps use Graco's Bulldog, King or equivalent. Also, with spray equipment, use 3/8” or 1/2" hose and use #33 - 39 spray tip size.
Regarding application with roller or brush, do not cross roll or cross brush, apply in one direction.
Additional Products Available
GALACTI-KOTE® NON FIBERED
MAS-STIX® ROOFING CEMENT
TY-ZON® PRIMER (used on rubber surfaced roofs)
Ponderosa Paint Company, Inc.
3663 North Clovis Avenue
Fresno, California 93727
Phone: (559) 291-0664 / (800) 323-7246
Fax: (559) 291-6358
"When installed properly, this product, this product will help reduce emergy costs. Actual savings will vary based on geographic location and individual building characteristics. Consult your product manufacturer, roofing contractor, or call 1-888-STAR-YES (1-888-782-7937) for more information.
Nov 09, 2006
Nov 09, 2006
PG&E Offers The Coolest 'Cool Roof' Rebates To Homeowners